Phone (02) 4629 0900
Fax (02) 4628 0735
He has been a consultant general surgeon for 10 years and has been providing surgical services to South-Western Sydney and Macarthur for the last 9 years.
Appointments, Memberships & Awards:
Dr Ong is appointed at Campbelltown Public & Private hospitals, Sydney Southwest Private Hospital (Liverpool), Liverpool BreastScreen, Liverpool Day Surgery & Strathfield Private Hospital. He is a member of ANZ Endocrine Surgeons and Breast Surgeons ANZ. Dr Ong is a conjoint lecturer at Western Sydney University, the Surgical Representative at the Macarthur Staff Council and the General Surgical representative for the Medical Advisory Committee at Campbelltown Private Hospital.
Modernising healthcare for Macarthur:
Dr Ong strives to deliver quality medicine to the people of Macarthur/Hume. He has focused his efforts on improving 3 key areas in surgical services:
- Management of breast cancer (click here).
- Endocrine surgery (thyroid and parathyroid, click here).
- Hernia surgery (click here).
- Dr Ong is one of the main breast cancer surgeons in Western Sydney, part of a multidisciplinary breast cancer group at the Macarthur Health Service and SWSLHD. He applies oncoplastic principles to breast surgery.
- He is an endocrine surgeon for Macarthur.
- He is a BARD© hernia preceptor and teaches hernia techniques regularly to surgeons and surgical trainees.
- Dr Ong performs between 230-270 breast & endocrine operations in a calendar year.
- Dr Ong performs high-resolution ultrasound scans in the rooms to enhance the management of breast & thyroid patients.
Call (02) 4629 0900 to book an appointment.