Dr Ong is one of the endocrine surgeons in South Western Sydney. He is an endocrine surgeon in Macarthur.
He manages patients with endocrine problems who potentially require surgery. Examples include:
- Thyroid cancer
- Multinodular goitre (thyroid with many lumps)
- Retrosternal goitre (thyroid dipping into the chest)
- Graves disease (“the angry thyroid”)
- Toxic nodule in the thyroid (“the angry thyroid lump”)
- Thyroiditis (inflamed thyroid)
- Swallowing or choking symptoms
- Calcium imbalance from parathyroid enlargement (adenoma)
High-resolution ultrasound scans are conducted by Dr Ong in the rooms to assist with diagnosis and management of the endocrine surgical patient.
He is a member of ANZ Endocrine Surgeons and his goal is quality management of the thyroid and parathyroid surgical patient. High volume endocrine surgeons have been shown in studies to produce better outcomes for patients requiring thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Achievements in endocrine surgery for Macarthur:
- Dr Ong collaborated with the endocrine service to establish an endocrine surgery outpatient clinic at Campbelltown Public Hospital, situated in the brand new medical complex (part of the multi-million dollar NSW health redevelopment).
- Acquired a state-of-the-art nerve monitor for endocrine surgery at Campbelltown Public Hospital. The monitor enables potentially safer surgery, particularly for complex thyroid and parathyroid patients.
- In another first for Macarthur, Dr Ong collaborated with i-Med radiology to introduce 4D-CT for investigation of parathyroid patients.
Call (02) 4629 0900 to book an appointment.