Dr Ong is one of the main endocrine surgeons in South Western Sydney. He is the endocrine surgeon in Macarthur.
He manages patients with endocrine problems who potentially require surgery. Examples include:
- Thyroid cancer
- Multinodular goitre (thyroid with many lumps)
- Retrosternal goitre (thyroid dipping into the chest)
- Graves disease (“the angry thyroid”)
- Toxic nodule in the thyroid (“the angry thyroid lump”)
- Thyroiditis (inflamed thyroid)
- Swallowing or choking symptoms
- Calcium imbalance from parathyroid enlargement (adenoma)
He is a member of ANZ Endocrine Surgeons and his goal is quality management of the thyroid and parathyroid surgical patient.
Triumphs in endocrine surgery for Macarthur:
- Dr Ong collaborated with the endocrine service to establish an area-first (SWSLHD), endocrine surgery outpatient clinic at Campbelltown Public Hospital, situated in the brand new medical complex (part of the multi-million dollar NSW health redevelopment).
- The first in South Western Sydney to utilise the “Thunderbeat” – an evolutionary device that streamlines the operating field.
- Acquired a state-of-the-art nerve monitor for endocrine surgery at Campbelltown Public Hospital. The monitor enables safer surgery, particularly for complex thyroid and parathyroid patients.
- In another first for Macarthur, Dr Ong collaborated with i-Med, to be the first surgeon to utilise 4D-CT & MRI for complex parathyroid patients.
Call (02) 4629 0900 to book an appointment.