Dr Ong is one of the endocrine surgeons in South Western Sydney. He is an endocrine surgeon in Macarthur.
He manages patients with endocrine problems who potentially require surgery. Examples include:
- Thyroid cancer
- Multinodular goitre (thyroid with many lumps)
- Retrosternal goitre (thyroid dipping into the chest)
- Graves disease (“the angry thyroid”)
- Toxic nodule in the thyroid (“the angry thyroid lump”)
- Thyroiditis (inflamed thyroid)
- Swallowing or choking symptoms
- Calcium imbalance from parathyroid enlargement (adenoma)
High-resolution ultrasound scans are conducted by Dr Ong in the rooms to assist with diagnosis and management of the endocrine surgical patient.
He is a member of ANZ Endocrine Surgeons and his goal is quality management of the thyroid and parathyroid surgical patient.
Triumphs in endocrine surgery for Macarthur:
- Dr Ong collaborated with the endocrine service to establish an endocrine surgery outpatient clinic at Campbelltown Public Hospital, situated in the brand new medical complex (part of the multi-million dollar NSW health redevelopment).
- The first in South Western Sydney to utilise the “Thunderbeat” – an evolutionary device that streamlines the operating field.
- Acquired a state-of-the-art nerve monitor for endocrine surgery at Campbelltown Public Hospital. The monitor enables safer surgery, particularly for complex thyroid and parathyroid patients.
- In another first for Macarthur, Dr Ong collaborated with i-Med, to introduce 4D-CT for investigation of parathyroid patients.
Call (02) 4629 0900 to book an appointment.