Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy
Dr Ong is a member of GESA – the Gastroenterological Society of Australia. He is accredited to carry out gastroscopies and colonoscopies (keyhole examinations of the bowel).
Gastroscopies and colonoscopies are performed for a variety of indications including:
- Positive faecal occult blood test (as part of the bowel cancer screening program in Australia)
- Bleeding from the bowel
- Diagnosis and treatment of haemorrhoids (“piles”)
- Suspicion of cancer in the gastrointestinal tract
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Screening due to family history
- Ulcers & reflux
Dr Ong provides patients with clear written directions and strives to inform patients of the outcome of their procedure on the same day.
Call 0246107933 or email to book an appointment