Suite 101, Number 1, Centennial Drive, CAMPBELLTOWN 2560
Phone (02) 4610 7933
Fax (02) 4610 8043
He has been a consultant general surgeon for 14 years and has been providing surgical services to Sydney South West for the last 13 years.
Dr Ong is appointed at Campbelltown Public (Senior VMO) and Campbelltown Private hospitals, Sydney Southwest Private hospital (Liverpool), Hurstville Private Hospital, Strathfield Private hospital and The George Centre. He is a member of BreastSurgANZ and ANZ Endocrine Surgeons. He is the general surgery representative for the Medical Advisory Committee at Campbelltown Private hospital.
Dr Ong provides expert witness opinions and reports for breast and endocrine medico-legal cases in Australia and is also on the medical experts committee for Avant. He is a clinical examiner for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He has been an invited speaker at local and international conferences on ultrasound in surgery and breast surgery. He has published articles in breast oncology.
Dr Ong has focused his efforts on improving 3 key areas in surgical services for Macarthur and Hume:
- One of the main breast cancer surgeons in Western Sydney. Dr Ong is part of a multi-disciplinary breast cancer group at the Macarthur Health Service and SWSLHD. He applies oncoplastic principles to breast surgery.
- He is an endocrine surgeon for Macarthur and South Western Sydney.
- 3M/KCI honorary surgeon and Mentor (Johnson & Johnson) key-opinion leader.
- Practice load: 150-200 breast and endocrine operations in a calendar year.
- Utilisation of high-resolution ultrasound in the rooms for breast and endocrine patients.
Call (02) 4610 7933 or email to book an appointment with Dr Ong.